Startup Weekend EDU is heading back to New York City and we’d love for you to join us. We’re looking for passionate designers, developers, educators & entrepreneurs who want to make a difference in improving education opportunities for all. Come learn the basics of founding & launching a successful education product while solving real problems in education.
Startup Weekend NYCEDU
March 27-29, 2015
Avenues, the World School, 259 10th Avenue, New York, NY 10001
The event: We bring together a diverse group of people passionate about making a positive impact on education. In 54 hours, participants share ideas, form teams, design products and launch education startups. Startup Weekend Education begins with open-mic 60-second pitches on Friday night that result in the formation of small teams around the best, most viable education concepts. Teams spend Saturday and Sunday focusing on user research, customer development, validating their ideas and designing prototypes with the help of experienced coaches from the education market. On Sunday, teams demo their education products and receive valuable feedback from a panel of expert judges. Notable companies built during past SWEDU events include Clever and Three Ring. Vidcode–the team that took home the top prize at last year’s event in NYC–has been featured in Forbes, Teen Vogue and more.
Register at bit.ly/swnycedu2015 before tickets run out!
Here’s some of the things you get from attending:
- An amazing portfolio piece
- A free .co domain name
- $$$$ credit on Google App Engine
- $100 of AWS credit for hosting
- Fun swag from Google, .Co and more!
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner for the whole weekend
- A network of new developer, designer & entrepreneur friends that are also excited about improving education
- Preeti Birla, Director of Community, Outreach and Partnerships, Innovate NYC Schools
- Wiley Cerilli, Partner, First Round Capital
- Christy Crawford, Educator and Scholastic Teacher Blogger
- Jason DeRoner, CEO, TeachBoost
The winning team will receive:
- A coaching consultation with 4.0 Schools
- A guaranteed interview with Grand Central Tech
- A guaranteed interview with Imagine K12
…and more to be announced!
We also have a fantastic slate of coaches who will be available throughout the weekend to support you. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Startup Weekend NYCEDU Organizers
P.S. Still on the fence about whether or not you would like to attend? Attend our pre-event on March 17th to learn about the art of pitching your idea: https://generalassemb.ly/education/idea-educamp-nycedu-pre-event/new-york-city/11836.