Help Prioritizing the Books/Articles I Should Read to Learn as Quickly as Possible

Hi Everyone, :slight_smile:

I’m pretty new to UX & Interaction Design. I graduated from a Web Development program earlier this year, and right now I work in a small startup, where I do a wide range of work, mostly UI design (wire framing, lo-fi mockups to hi-fi mockups) and full-stack web development. I was wondering what books to read to improve my knowledge of UX design/strategy and Interaction Design. I recently took a leadership role in defining our UX strategy after reading the book Lean UX and UX Team of One. I loved both of these books.

Long story short, these are the books I plan on reading over the next couple months. Can anyone help me prioritize this list based on their own experience? What books should I add? Any articles that are a must read in your opinion?

100 Things Every Designer Should Know About People [Reading]
Don’t Make Me Think, Revisited - Steve Krug
The Design of Everyday Things - Don Norman
UX Strategy - Jamie Levy
Articulating Design Decisions - Tom Greever
Interviewing Users - Steve Portigal
Validating Product Ideas: Through Lean User Research - Tomer Sharon
Build Better Products: A Modern Approach to Building Successful User-Centered Products - Laura Klein
Lean Customer Development: Building Products Your Customers Will Buy - Cindy Alvarez
Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products - Nir Eyal
User Story Mapping: Discover the Whole Story, Build the Right Product - Jeff Patton
The Lean Startup - Eric Ries [Read]
The Design Studio Method: Creative Problem Solving with UX Sketching - Brian K Sullivan
Understanding Industrial Design: Principles for UX and Interaction Design - Simon King
Think First: My No-Nonsense Approach to Creating Successful Products, Memorable User Experiences + Very Happy Customers - Joe Natoli
The Lean Product Playbook: How to Innovate with Minimum Viable Products and Rapid Customer Feedback - Dan Olsen

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Aloha Alex ,
Do Steve Krug 1st so you have the basics going forth .
Ito the rest , you can not read enough .Sadly people don’t read as much anymore - they scan , because there is sooo much out there.
A Company I consult for saw Management recently enforce a rule that everyone has to read for 3 hrs a day - weird !
In the same month both expenses dropped and profit margin started going up and in months to follow this trend continued .
They (the staff) tapped into innovation , novelty and futurism due to their reading which was obviously a clever way to force research into the system .
Why I am telling you this is an attempt for you to join the Interaction Design Foundation as you will be exposed to all the latest and coolest info brought to your screen and having gone through a criteria that drops off what is not relevant saving you a truckload of time .
They publish super relevant Industry news and your reading can actually be put in practice the next day .

Hope this helps
Dereck