Promethean is a leader in education technology in hardware via digital whiteboards, and software via our web based app www.classflow.com. We are starting a small usability lab:
- we’ll have no more than 5 usability study testers at one time in an office environment
- we’ll have 1 observer for each participant
- we’ll provide laptops connected to the net to access our app
It appears after a long search that all the usability tools fall into a few camps:
- Task based systems that show a box on the screen for the task while the participant talks out loud and is either video/audio or audio recorded on a live site.
- Task based systems that show a box on the screen for the task while the participant talks out loud and is either video/audio or audio recorded using uploaded screenshots.
- Mouse/heatmap/eye tracking apps that remotely track users on existing web sites that provides analytics based on the data recorded.
- many provide a datapool of testers, which we don’t need, many provide remote testing, which we don’t need.
Our ideal tool would provide:
- task scenario based activities for the user testers to do with our app like number 1 above
- mouse tracking/heat mapping during the use of our web based apps like number 3 above
- video and audio recording at the same time.
Problem is I can’t find anyone that does all three at the same time.
Any suggestions from the forum?