Where is the best market to work as UX Designer?

Any suggestions or advices please?

The Bay Area and NYC

Can you give some context?
What do you care about?
What kind of problems do you want to solve?
Are you looking for community outside of work that does UX?
Do you care where you are?
Do you want a big UX team?
Domain of interest?

What do you care about?
A. I want to work in a environment where people consider UX as first priority and off course money.

What kind of problems do you want to solve?
A. As such there is no specific problem but i am open to new challenges whether it GUI or Product interface

Are you looking for community outside of work that does UX?
A. I am working as UX only but i want to explore more…

Do you care where you are?
A. Not really, open to anywhere.

Do you want a big UX team?
A. It doesn’t matter for me, if team is good.

Domain of interest?
A. UX

@mTp

As with most things a bit of research into market demands is the way to go .

Businesses are going crazy for UX Designers because they all literally got caught with their " pans down" .
You can get a really good idea by looking at job boards - that will indicate demand . Google the Interaction Design Foundation in Copenhagen , they have a cool job board for Userability Consultants and UX Designers , it will show you exactly what market demand is .
The businesses I talk too see their profits dropping and are only now beginning to connect the dot that they are completely screwed without UX Designers - global problem .
Another cool thing about UX is that you can work from where ever you are - UX intelligence does not require physical presence .

Good luck
Dereck
dereck@swapmobile.co.za

Thanks @dereck ! Do you have any idea, is their any portal for freelancing projects for UX?

Hi Mayank ,
Did send you a mail with a few links that will help .
Have a look at uxdesignjobs.com & uxjobsboard.com.

The best site to research is : codecondo.com/jobs-for-ux-ui-designers-developers.

Happy hunting
Dereck

Some developers believe that writing unit tests works for User Experience try a proper career like law!

I’ve been testing various markets for some time and I’ve found that there isn’t a particular market that is the “best” for everyone. It really depends on the company culture, how you fit into it, who their clients are, etc.; factors others have mentioned already. Take your time and really scope out the company… it will be well worth it.

I’m not sure you want to go the route of freelance because freelance inherently comes in after the project has been scoped, so you’re likely not going to have the freedom to function in a true user experience designer capacity.

Good advice Vanessa ,

There is a few places where Academia and Industry gel together - this will show you who needs what where .

This Forum is one such a place , go to the Interaction Design Foundation in Copenhagen - great virtual and 100% online UX IQ , that will lead you to more , and this is how you find something that will fit you .
70 odd USD to get in - best money you’ll spend this year /

See you there .